|Season 6, Episode 14|
|Air Date||January 19, 1993|
|Previous||The Dating Game|
|Next||Be True to Your Preschool|
It is Kimmy Gibbler's 16th birthday. D.J. is preoccupied by the fact that she and Steve have been dating for six months, and she and Steve plan to celebrate this. As it turns out, D.J. has forgotten Kimmy's birthday because of this, and Kimmy thinks she has a party planned.
A now frantic D.J. gets the family to help her throw a surprise party for Kimmy in a hurry, but Kimmy is devastated when Steve unintentionally slips up and lets on that it's a mercy party because D.J. forgot Kimmy's birthday. So, Kimmy, humiliated and angry, runs out of the house.
Danny explains to D.J. that it looks obvious that ever since D.J. has started dating Steve, she's been making Kimmy feel like she's being left out of her life. D.J. goes outside and talks to Kimmy, apologizing for making her feel so hurt. Kimmy acknowledges that while she is happy for D.J. and Steve, she misses D.J., and feels like she's chosen a new best friend. D.J. assures her that this is not the case, and that they will always be the closest of friends.
- This is the second time in the series in which D.J. throws a birthday party for Kimmy, only to watch it all go wrong; the first time was in the Season 2 episode "Tanner vs. Gibbler".
- This episode originally aired on Jodie Sweetin's 11th birthday.
- During the end credits for this episode, there are stills of D.J. and Kimmy from previous episodes.
- A pre-credits gag shows Becky and the twins waking up Michelle in her room (which still had the old design, meaning it was filmed before "Designing Mothers", three episodes before this episode).
- Kimmy mentions that for her birthday her parents had offered to fly her to Pittsburgh for WrestleMania VI. However, the event had actually taken place three years earlier on April 1, 1990, and in Toronto.
- Furthermore, the WrestleMania event that took place in 1993, WrestleMania IX, took place at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV on April 4, 1993.
Danny: Ever since Steve's been your boyfriend, I think Kimmy's been left out. You've been dating Steve for about six months, but you've been friends with Kimmy for six years.
D.J.: Seven. I think you're still blocking out 1989.
Danny: Look, Deej, in life, if you're lucky, you wind up with a few really good friends. And for some reason beyond my realm of understanding, Kimmy is yours. Just like Joey and Jesse are mine. And when you have friends, you have to come through for them. I mean, when I needed Joey and Jesse to raise you three girls, they were here in a second. Of course, they didn't know a diaper from a dinner napkin, which made for some pretty interesting meals. But they were here, and I ought to be there for them. And you ought to be there for Kimmy.
Kimmy: (close to tears) Steve's a great guy and I'm happy for you. I just miss you. It's like you have a new best friend.
D.J.: Kimmy, you're my best friend, and you always will be. There are so many things I could do with you that I could never do with Steve.
Kimmy: Like what?
D.J.: Like... talk about Steve. Steve and I can't go through each other's closets. He has nothing in my size. Believe me, Kimmy, no one could take your place.
Kimmy: I guess I am one of a kind.