Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 3, episode 23|
|Air date||April 27, 1990|
|Writer(s)||Tony DiMarco & David Ketchum|
|Previous||Three Men and Another Baby|
|Next||Our Very First Telethon|
Joey and Danny remember that the fraternity burned Danny's fraternity jacket when Danny messed up and unintentionally allowed a sorority, Lambda Tau Delta, to steal a stuffed seal that was Chi Sigma Sigma's mascot. The Lambda Tau Delta girls had tackled Danny to the ground, and taken the seal. Since the Lambda Tau Delta girls are also having a reunion, Joey and Danny see an opportunity to get the seal back from them.
D.J. and Kimmy Gibbler accidentally break the TV while trying to take it upstairs, and Danny tells them that they are not allowed to see each other for three weeks, before sending D.J. upstairs to her room (not knowing that Stephanie is behind him, translating his speech in sign language). Later, Danny and Joey head off to the reunion while D.J. stays home to watch Stephanie and Michelle. The two older girls play a game using the "Cup Song", and Michelle is anxious to learn it. However, as she is explaining the rhythm, D.J. decides that it is too complex and too complicated for Michelle to learn (given her very young age), so she decides to teach her something simpler instead, such as the patty-cake rhyme.
In their attempt to get the seal back, Danny and Joey disguise themselves as women so they can get in to take the seal. However, their attempt fails, and they are put in jail by a former Lambda Tau Delta member who is now a cop, who actually cuffed Joey's left hand to Danny's right.
While she is teaching "patty-cake" to Michelle as she promised back home, D.J. gets a phone call from Danny at the jail, and tells her to send either Becky or his mother Claire to bail them out. D.J. can't find Claire or Becky, so she gets Kimmy to come over to babysit Stephanie and Michelle while D.J. heads to the Powell Street jail, and hears that the Lambda Tau Delta girls have voted to release Danny and Joey. While they both wait, the prisoners entertain them with "New York, New York".
At home, Danny is grateful to Kimmy for coming over to baby-sit (and teach Michelle "patty-cake") while D.J. was gone, so he takes a week off of her banishment from the house.
- The last episode in which Lori Loughlin is not credited for the role of Rebecca
- The "cup game" that Stephanie and D.J. play one round of, and D.J. was about to teach Michelle, is also used in music, most notably in the song "Cups", which is a version of the 1931 Carter Family song "When I'm Gone", and recently popularized by singer/actress Anna Kendrick, in the movie Pitch Perfect
(D.J. and Stephanie demonstrate the Cup Game to Michelle, and after one round, the audience cheers and applauds)
- Michelle: How do you do that?
- D.J.: (counting out the taps while demonstrating) Well, you go, "Clap, clap, 1-2-3, clap, 1"...why don't I teach you "Patty Cake" instead?
- Michelle: OK, I hope it's fun.
- Danny: D.J., shouldn't you be getting dinner ready?
- D.J.: (to Danny) Oh. Right now, Dad. (to Michelle) I'll teach you "Patty Cake" later.
- Michelle: Pinky swear?
- D.J.: Pinky swear.
- Danny: I can explain it all in just four words: It's all Joey's fault!
- Danny: Jesse, were you attacked by a wild animal?
- Jesse: No, I got thrown off my bike. It got spooked by a snake. Well, actually, it was a snake-like twig.
- Joey: (to Danny): It's up to you. Do you want to be fraternity dud or fraternity stud?
- Prisoner: (to Danny): Danny? I think I know you. Aren't you Danny Tanner?
- Danny: That depends. Does that make you happy or sad?
- Prisoner: You're the host of "Wake Up, San Francisco." I love that show! You have a big following in prison!
- Danny: Really? Did you happen to catch my segment on Southwestern cooking last week?
- Prisoner: Loved it!
- Danny: Y'know, it's interesting, 'cause we don't like to make simulated cooking stuff. We really cook it on the stove.
- Jesse: (to Danny): Is that a pearl earring you're wearing? (pauses) Is there anything you'd like to talk to me about?
- Danny: You don't want to know.
- Jesse: Oh, well. I'm going to go wash up. I've had kind of a strange day. Although yours might have been stranger.