|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air Date||October 20, 1989|
|Writer||Dennis Rinsler & Marc Warren|
|Previous||Nerd for a Day|
When Danny's mother Claire arrives for an extended visit, the family realizes that as a divorced woman with independent children, Claire's recent retirement has left her feeling useless. To help her through this difficult time, Danny convinces everyone to act as if they can't function without Grandma.
Leaving a few dirty dishes in the sink and allowing Claire to pick out a new bed for Michelle seem relatively harmless, but the little plan backfires when Claire decides that she should move in permanently. Danny has a talk with Claire, and since there is nothing keeping her in the state of Washington anymore, Danny decides to help Claire search for an apartment near the Tanner house.
During Claire's visit, Michelle's crib is replaced with a new bed for Michelle...but all Michelle wants to do is jump up and down on the new bed. Michelle is initially thrilled about getting out of her crib and having a brand-new "big girl bed," but when she gets scared of being without the crib, Jesse ends up having to sleep in her bedroom with her through the first night.
- Doris Roberts replaces Alice Hirson for the role of Claire Tanner in this episode
- This is the first appearance of Michelle's pencil bed
- Claire: Kiss me, you fools!
- Jesse (to Michelle): Who let you outta your crib?
- Michelle: I let me out.
- Jesse: You mean you climbed over the bars and jumped down all by yourself?
- Michelle: You got it, dude.
- Jesse: Jail break!
- Claire: Now that I'm divorced and my kids have grown up and I'm retired, my life went from "get up and go" to "why get up".