|Birth:||January 19, 1982|
|Occupation(s):||Actress, singer, dancer, writer, jewelry designer|
|First appearance:||Our Very First Show|
|Last appearance:||Michelle Rides Again (Part 2)|
|Spouse:|| Shaun Hoguin (2002–2006)|
Cody Herpin (2007–2010) (1 child)
Morty Coyle (2012–2016) (1 child)
Jodie Lee-Ann Sweetin (born January 19, 1982 in Los Angeles, California) is an actress, singer, dancer, writer, and jewelry designer known for her role as Stephanie Tanner on the ABC series, Full House.
Jodie started her acting career when she was four years old, starring in an Oscar Mayer commercial. She made her television debut in 1987 on Valerie in the role of Pamela Poole. During that same year, Full House producer, Jeff Franklin cast Jodie for the role of Stephanie Tanner. Not much later, she starred in a Sizzler commercial.
In the mid '90s, she was featured in a promo for the Disney Channel during its days as a premium commercial-free channel.
After the series ended, Jodie co-starred in a commercial for Kooshlings, along with fellow child actresses, Danielle Fischer, and Larisa Oleynik. She guest-starred on TV shows such as Brotherly Love, Party of Five, and Yes, Dear. In 2007, Jodie became the host of Pants-Off Dance-Off. She has starred in independent films such as Redefining Love, and Port City. Jodie starred in a TV pilot called Small Bits of Happiness, which is a dark comedy that centers around a suicide prevention specialist.
Jodie attended Los Alamitos High School and graduated in 1999. She attended Chapman University and graduated with a degree in Liberal Arts.
When Jodie was 20 years old, she married Los Angeles police officer, Shawn Holguin, in 2002. Cast mate Candace Cameron Bure was her maid of honor and Candace's daughter was the flower girl. In 2006, Jodie and Shaun divorced.
On July 14, 2007, Jodie married film transportation coordinator, Cody Herpin. In 2008, Jodie gave birth to a daughter, Zoie Herpin. In November 2008, Jodie filed for legal separation from Cody and the divorce was finalized in April 2010. During that same month, Jodie announced that she and her boyfriend, Morty Coyle were expecting a child and in August 2010, Jodie gave birth to another daughter, Beatrix Coyle. Jodie and Morty became engaged in January 2011, married on March 15, 2012, got separated in June 2013 and divorced in September 2016.
In 2009, she wrote a memoir called unSweetined which chronicled her downward spiral of drug and alcohol abuse.
In February 2016, she competed on Dancing with the Stars (season 22) and was eliminated in week eight. Candace (a competitor and finalist in season 18) was in the audience to support her.
|1987||Valerie||Pamela Poole||Episode: "Boston Tea Party"|
|1987–95||Full House||Stephanie Tanner||192 episodes|
|1989||The All New Mickey Mouse Club (MMC)||Stephanie||"Guest Day" episode|
|1992||It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown||Sally and Frieda|
|1996||Brotherly Love||Lydia Lump||Episode: "Downtown Girl"|
|1999||Party of Five||Rhiannon Marcus||2 episodes|
|2003||Yes, Dear||Maryanne||Episode: "Sorority Girl"|
|2006||Farce of the Penguins||Gross Penguin||Voice role|
|2007||Pants Off Dance Off||Host||Season 2|
|2008||Small Bits of Happiness||Margaret Williams||TV pilot|
|2009||Redefining Love||Ally||Independent film|
|2010||Port City||Nancy||Independent film|
|2011||Cant Get Arrested||Jodie||5 episodes|
|2012||Singled Out||Leia||TV film|
|2013||Defending Santa||Beth||TV pilot|
|2015||Walt Before Mickey||Charlotte Disney||Independent film|
|2016||Fuller House||Stephanie Tanner|
- Full House creator, Jeff Franklin, saw her on the series, Valerie, and cast her without having her audition for him
- Jeff Franklin told Jodie's mother that if the show was still going on by the time she was 16 years old, he would buy Jodie a car, but the show ended when Jodie was 13
- In the early years, Dave Coulier commented that she would become the star of the show because she was so adorable and always nailed her lines
- Out of all her Full House castmates, Jodie says that she was closest with Bob Saget, and quickly became friends with his three daughters and spent a lot of weekends with them at their house
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have credited Jodie as their favorite co-star on the series, and Jodie has said that she loved playing with Mary-Kate and Ashley on and off the set, and she thought of them as sisters
- Jodie still has the original Mr. Bear, and she put the show's stage bear, which looks exactly like the original bear, in her daughter, Zoie's nursery
- Much like her character Stephanie, Jodie took dance lessons as a child
- Skipped kindergarten by the time she was 6 years old and was already reading at a 5th or 6th grade level (her teachers wanted to move Jodie up to 2nd grade, but her mother refused, fearing that Jodie would feel too out of place).
- Appeared in the 1993 Disney Easter Parade dressed as Cinderella, along with Mary-Kate Olsen who was dressed up as Snow White; they, like the rest of the cast, took viewers on a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming "House Meets the Mouse" two-parter.
- Attended Chapman University where she graduated with a Liberal Arts degree and Was a pledge of the Alpha Phi sorority, but she did not initiate.
- Is adopted and her biological family has a history of addictions.
- Designs jewelry for Erica Anenberg.
- Had a Lhasa Apso named Lacey, whom she received as a gift from the producers of a Sizzler commercial that she appeared in as a toddler.
- Graduated from Los Alamitos High School in 1999.
- Was named after actress Jodie Foster.
- Released an book called "UnSweetined" in 2009.