|Birth:||January 19, 1982|
|Occupation(s):||Actress, singer, dancer, writer, jewelry designer|
|First appearance:||Our Very First Show|
|Last appearance:||Michelle Rides Again (Part 2)|
Jodie Lee Ann Sweetin (born on January 19, 1982 in Los Angeles, California) is an actress, singer, dancer, writer, and jewelry designer known for her role as Stephanie Tanner on the ABC series, Full House.
Jodie started her acting career when she was four years old, starring in an Oscar Mayer commercial. She made her television debut on "Valerie" in 1987 portraying the role as Pamela Poole. During that same year, Full House producer, Jeff Franklin cast Jodie for the role of Stephanie Tanner.
After the series ended, Jodie guest starred on television shows such as "Brotherly Love", "Party of Five", and "Yes, Dear". In 2007, Jodie became the host of "Pants Off Dance Off." She has starred in independent films such as "Redefining Love", and "Port City." Jodie starred in a television pilot called "Small Bits of Happiness", which is a dark comedy that centered around a suicide prevention specialist. The pilot won "Best Comedy" at the 3rd Annual Independent Television Festival in Los Angeles, California.
Jodie attended Los Alamitos High School and graduated in 1999. She attended Chapman University and graduated with a degree in Liberal Arts. When Jodie was 20 years old, she married to Los Angeles police officer Shawn Holguin in 2002. Cast mate Candace Cameron was her maid of honor and Candace's daughter was the flower girl. In 2006, Jodie and Shaun divorced.
On July 14, 2007, Jodie married for the second time to film transportation coordinator Cody Herpin and together, they have one daughter, who was born in 2008. In November 2008, Jodie filed for legal separation from Cody and the divorce was finalized in April 2010. During that same month, Jodie announced that she and her boyfriend, Morty Coyle were expecting a child and in August 2010, Jodie gave birth to a daughter. Jodie and Morty became engaged in January 2011 and married on March 15, 2012 but separated in June 2013.
In January 2016, it was announced that Jodie had become engaged to Justin Hodak, her boyfriend of a year, who is also an ex-addict. Jodie is a recovering drug addict and, in 2009, she wrote a memoir called unSweetined which chronicled her downward spiral of drug and alcohol abuse.
|1987||Valerie||Pamela Poole||Episode: "Boston Tea Party"|
|1987–95||Full House||Stephanie Tanner||192 episodes|
|1989/94||The All New Mickey Mouse Club (MMC)||Stephanie Tanner / Herself as a Guest Mousketeer||2 "Guest Day" episodes|
|1996||Brotherly Love||Lydia Lump||Episode: "Downtown Girl"|
|1999||Party of Five||Rhiannon Marcus||2 episodes|
|2003||Yes, Dear||Maryanne||Episode: "Sorority Girl"|
|2006||Farce of the Penguins||Gross Penguin (voice)||Feature film|
|2007||Pants Off Dance Off||Host||Season 2 host|
|2008||Small Bits of Happiness||Margaret Williams||TV pilot|
|2009||Redefining Love||Ally||Independent film|
|2010||Port City||Nancy||Independent film|
|2011||Cant Get Arrested||Jodie||TV series (5 episodes)|
|2012||Singled Out||Leia||TV film|
|2013||Defending Santa||Beth||TV pilot|
|2015||Walt Before Mickey||Charlotte Disney||Independent film|
|2016||Fuller House||Stephanie Tanner|
- Jodie skipped kindergarten by the time she was 6 years old and was already reading at a 5th or 6th grade level. Her teachers wanted to move Jodie up to 2nd grade, but Jodie's mother refused, fearing that Jodie would feel too out of place.
- Had a Lhasa Apso named Lacey that she received as a gift from the producers of a "Sizzler" commercial when she was a toddler.
- She appeared in the 1993 Disney Easter Parade dressed up as Cinderella along with her Full House sister, Mary-Kate Olsen who was dressed up as Snow White.
- Was a member of the Alpha Phi sorority at Chapman University
- Is adopted and her biological family has a history of addictions
- Full House creator, Jeff Franklin told Jodie's mother if the show was still going on by the time she was 16 years old, he would buy Jodie a car, but the show ended when Jodie was 13 years old.
- While filming Full House, Jodie had a hard time with classmates that teased her and recited her character's lines at school. In one incident, a classmate's teasing went too far which caused Jodie to throw a chair at her, which sent her to the principal's office, but the principal did not call her parents. Jodie remembers how scared she was that her parents would find out about the incident and how difficult it was to go to school at that time in her life.
- Her co-stars have mentioned how smart and precocious Jodie was at such a young age. Dave Coulier, (Joey Gladstone) even predicted at one point that she would become the star of the show, because she was so adorable and always nailed her lines.
- John Posey (the first actor to play the role of Danny) vividly remembers the first thing five-year-old Jodie said to him. Jodie came up to him and said that she had memorized the whole script for the pilot episode.
- Out of all her Full House cast mates, Jodie says that she was closest with Bob Saget. She quickly became friends with his three real-life daughters, and as a child, she spent a lot of weekends with them at their house.
- Jodie was about 11 years old when the cast went to Disney World to film a two-part episode at the end of season six, and at the time, the series had become immensely popular. It's been said that fans followed Jodie into the bathroom once and she came out crying. At that point, everyone realized that stronger measures would need to be taken to protect all the cast members, especially the kids.
- Jodie did not even have to audition for her role on Full House. The creators had seen her on the television series, "Valerie" and liked her so much that the character Stephanie Tanner was written in just for Jodie.
- In previous interviews, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have credited Jodie as their favorite co-star on the series. Their families went on a few trips together when the kids were young, and the Olsens say that Jodie was always "so nice" to them. Jodie has said that she loved playing with Mary-Kate and Ashley on and off the set, and she thought of them as sisters.
- Jodie still has the original Mr. Bear, and she put the show's stage bear, which looks exactly like the original bear, in her daughter, Zoie's nursery.
- While filming the show, Jodie's dad would attend the show's final taping every Friday, then take her and her mother out for dinner at Ed Debevic's to celebrate the end of another long week. Jodie remembers that she usually fell asleep in her dad's arms before the food even came because she was so exhausted.
- Early in the show's run, there was an autograph signing at a mall, and Jodie was scheduled to do this for a few hours, but after 20 minutes, people were pushing, shoving, and causing a big scene. It got so bad, Jodie had to be escorted to the back of the mall, and the event was shut down. In order to be able to leave safely, Jodie was literally dressed as a boy, with a big hat, sunglasses, and an over-sized coat.
- Jodie has admitted that, at first, she did not get along with Full House sister Candace Cameron. Candace was a few years older, and according to Jodie, she was at the age where she was "too cool" to be seen hanging out with Jodie. They butted heads for a while, but they eventually became close.
- Jodie claims that she had her first alcoholic beverage when she was 14 at Candace Cameron's wedding. Red wine was being served, and her mother was all the way across the room.
- Much like her character Stephanie, Jodie took dance lessons as a child.
- Today, she designs jewelry for Erica Anenberg.
- It was announced that she will be a contestant on the new season of Dancing with the Stars (following in the footsteps of Candace Cameron Bure).