|Making Out is Hard to Do|
|Season 8, episode 3|
|Air date||October 11, 1994|
|Next||I've Got a Secret|
When invited to Gia's place for a party, Stephanie arrives with Pictionary, not knowing exactly what kind of party it was. Danny is stricken with laryngitis. However, he feels even more speechless than he already is upon discovering that Stephanie had lied to him and went to a make-out party at Gia's apartment while Gia's mother Claire is working a late shift.
Meanwhile, Jesse is bothered by the fact that the new lead singer for the Rippers is Barry Williams, because the Rippers somewhat seem to be having more success with Barry than they ever did with Jesse.
- Barry Williams – best known for playing Greg Brady on The Brady Bunch
- David Ruprecht as the TV host (see Quotes) – best known as host of the 1990–2003 revival of the classic TV game show Supermarket Sweep
TV Host: [On the TV in Jesse's dream] Welcome to Down Beat: Tragic Tales of the Music Business. Today, the story of Jesse Katsopolis the lost Ripper.
Jesse: I'm not lost. I'm right here, pal!
Danny: [On the TV in Jesse's dream] I don't know where the reject is today and frankly I don't care. All that's left of him is an Elvis donut maker and the moose slick on the couch.
Becky: [On the TV in Jesse's dream] Boing Boing [an off-brand of the Ho Ho], honey?
Joey: You bet, honey.
TV Host: [On the TV in Jesse's dream] Last week, in a Down Beat exclusive, our 'tragic cam' finally caught up with Jesse Katsopolis [showing him as an overweight, balding mechanic].
Danny: Do you have any idea what your daughter's been up to?
Claire: Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?
Danny: Yes. I have laryngitis.
Claire: [about Gia] Well, I guess I should go upstairs and talk to her.
Danny: Well, just remember—when children seem the least lovable, it means they need love the most.
Claire: Do you always talk like a fortune cookie?
Danny: Actually, it was the Thought for the Day on my Ziggy desk calendar.
Danny: [Referring to Stephanie's punishment] Steph, let me put it this way. Before it can soar like an eagle, the young baby bird must stumble and fall, and spend two whole weeks grounded in the nest with no TV.
Stephanie: Hey, is that from your Ziggy calendar?
Danny: No, but I'm thinking of submitting it.
- This episode ("Making Out is Hard to Do"; season 8, episode 3) is exactly five seasons after "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (in 22 Minutes)" (season 3, episode 3)
- When Danny has laryngitis, he sounds somewhat like Marge Simpson of The Simpsons (1989–); Carolyn Omine, the writer of this episode would become a writer for The Simpsons five years after this episode aired
- During Jesse's nightmare about what his future will be like without music, Kimmy is seen wearing a similar attire to that of Peg Bundy from the sitcom Married... with Children