|Michelle Rides Again (Part I)|
|Season 8, Episode 23|
|Air Date||May 23, 1995|
|Writer||Story by: Dennis Rinsler & Marc Warren|
|Previous||All Stood Up|
|Next||Michelle Rides Again (Part 2)|
Michelle Rides Again (Part 1) is the first part of the two-part series finale of Full House. It originally aired on May 23, 1995.
Michelle has been taking horseback riding lessons. Stephanie is scheduled to play Juliet in in "Romeo and Juliet", a play that will take place at school. Andrew Berkeley will be playing Romeo. Stephanie has been wanting to share a kiss with Andrew, who always seems reluctant to do it. Michelle convinces her that it's because she has dry lips.
Meanwhile, Jesse and Joey have an audition to see if they'll get their own late night TV show, and Kimmy is trying to help D.J. find a date for the senior prom.
At the stables, Michelle meets a girl named Elizabeth, whose mother, Morgan, is a rich snob who insults Danny by saying that he has the air of stable help. Michelle tells him that there's a jumping contest for kids and their horses next week, and she asks his permission to compete in it.
When Morgan tells him that Michelle couldn't possibly win because Elizabeth wins this contest every year, he gives Michelle permission to enter the contest, which is called the Bayview Junior Equestrian Competition.
At home, after Danny and Michelle have bought the equipment she needs, Andrew comes over to rehearse the play with Stephanie while Michelle is watching. Michelle slips up and mentions that Stephanie likes Andrew, and he leaves. Stephanie vows to never forgive Michelle for driving Andrew away.
Later, at the Bayview Equestrian Center, Danny is still going at it with Morgan. By this time, Danny and Morgan have put so much pressure on Michelle and Elizabeth to win the contest that they no longer want to compete. So Michelle and Elizabeth decide to skip the contest and ride their horses onto a nearby horse riding trail so they can ride for fun instead of riding under pressure to win.
When the competitors make their way to the track to begin the competition, Danny, Joey, and Morgan notice that Michelle and Elizabeth are missing. Jesse then shows up at the equestrian center. Michelle and Elizabeth ride into a clearing, where there's a log and Elizabeth jumps her horse over it quite easily.
When Michelle and her horse, Old Peppermill, try to jump, Old Peppermill becomes spooked and throws Michelle, which leaves her unconscious when Danny, Jesse and Joey find her.
- Michelle's number is 8 and Elizabeth's is 11 in the horse riding competiton.
- It is revealed in this episode that Rebecca attended an all-girl school.
- Morgan: Enjoy your little fantasy, because in reality, my Elizabeth wins this competition every year.
- Danny: Oh, really? Well, not this year, because Michelle Tanner's gonna kick your butt!
- Michelle: What if I don't win?
- Danny: Don't worry, honey. Winning is not everything.
- Michelle: I'm glad to hear that.
- Danny: Yeah. As long as you beat that Elizabeth girl with the loudmouth mother.
- Joey: You know what, Jess? If we're gonna be on live TV with professional wrestlers, I've gotta go find my tights, because otherwise I'm gonna have to shave my legs!
- Jesse: God, I hope he finds them.
- Michelle: (to Elizabeth) Riding used to be fun.
- Elizabeth: Yeah, before parents got involved.
- Morgan: (to Elizabeth) Aww, there's my little champion! Now, listen, don't forget, after you win, we're going out for a big victory dinner.
- Danny: Michelle, after you win, we're going out for a big victory dinner......and a victory movie!
- Morgan: Now, Elizabeth, remember what I said to you about visualizing. Picture yourself jumping and clearing the hurdles.
- Danny: Michelle, you picture yourself jumping and clearing those exact same hurdles, only jumping higher and faster!
- Morgan: How dare you steal our visualizations! I paid good money for those!