|Nerd for a Day|
|Season 3, Episode 4|
|Air Date||October 13, 1989|
|Previous||Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (in 22 Minutes)|
Succumbing to peer pressure, Stephanie joins her classmates in making fun of Walter Berman, a classmate who wears glasses. Jesse tells Stephanie that she must apologize, but the apology makes Walter think Stephanie loves him. When Stephanie's friends come over to the house and see Stephanie talking to Walter, they make Stephanie a target for teasing, until Stephanie turns the tables on them, and shows them how it feels to be teased. That changes their behavior.
- Danny: Joey, let's go! We're gonna be late!
- Joey: Danny, what is the big rush?
- Danny: Joey, you know I always leave the house at exactly 7:48. Now, thanks to you, I'm already two minutes late.
- Joey: What are you talking about? We are right on time.
- Danny: Joey. That's a barometer.
- Joey: Well, in that case, we'd better get moving. There's a hurricane brewing.
- Stephanie: He's not my boyfriend...but he is my friend.
- Walter: Really? I'm your secret friend?
- Stephanie: No, Walter. You're my "everybody can know" friend.
- Becky does not appear in this episode, as she is on assignment
- This is the first of the very few appearances by Brian Kagan and Walter F. Berman, but is the sole appearance of Stephanie's friend Laurie, and final appearance of Harry Takayama
- Danny says, "Oh, Dorothy was right. There is no place like home!" Danny is referring to one of Dorothy Gale's most famous lines in the popular, classic The Wizard of Oz.