Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 3, episode 1|
|Air date||September 22, 1989|
|Previous||Luck Be a Lady (Part 2)|
|Next||Back to School Blues|
Danny takes the Tanners and his co-host Rebecca Donaldson to Hawaii in honor of their two-year anniversary since becoming a family. Once there, however, Danny takes charge, being his usual controlling self, and marking all the families' activities together on what he calls a "Clipboard of Fun".
Among the various activities they do, he and the family decide to take an off-site trip to the Hawaiian island of Pua for a picnic and a Polynesian show. They stop for a rest on a (seemingly) deserted island, where Danny realizes he did not tie up the boat correctly, and (for now) the family is stranded. Meanwhile, Joey thinks he is seeing an attractive hula girl, and Jesse and Rebecca have an argument about Elvis Presley (Jesse's music idol).
At the end, everyone sets aside their differences and builds a hut to stay in until they are found. Stephanie, who keeps believing she sees Menehunes, finally proves it by taking the others to where the inhabitants of the island are at a Polynesian show on the other side of the island. It turns out that they were on Pua after all, just the wrong side of it.
They end up dancing with everyone on stage. Joey again sees the hula girl and they begin to dance together. At the end, Rebecca speaks to the music director, and apparently asks him to play a certain song that Jesse can lead the singing on.
Danny: Okay. Joey had his turn for fun. Now I've scheduled us to study the history and culture of Hawaii.
Jesse: Where you takin' us? The Don Ho museum?
Jesse: Ahoy maties. Your skipper's been sailing all morning to a potato chip crumb.
Jesse: [quietly] First thing I like to say is... [lets his anger out as he snatches the clipboard] I hate this clipboard of fun!! [tosses it into the sea] How... can a person... lose... a boat?!
Danny: It's not my fault. The rope must've slipped off the rope thingy.
Jesse: The "rope thingy"? Skipper! We're stuck! What're we gonna do?!
Joey: Well, if we were on "Gilligan's Island", the Professor would make a radio out of coconuts.
Jesse: Joey, this is no time for comedy. It's time to blame Danny.
Joey: Relax, Jesse. We have the rest of our lives to blame Danny. Right now, we need to keep things light and easy so the girls don't get scared. So I don't get scared.
- The song that Jesse sings at the end is Elvis Presley's "Rock-A-Hula Baby", a featured song in the 1961 movie Blue Hawaii. It was recorded two years before John Stamos was born
- When Jesse asks Danny if they are taking the family to the "Don Ho Museum", it is in reference to the famous Hawaiian singer Don Ho, known for the song "Tiny Bubbles"
- The episode title is a take on the classic TV show Gilligan's Island
- The second time any of the characters get stuck someplace (the first is "Our Very First Christmas Show")
- Starting with this episode, the show leads off ABC's new TGIF block (see Season 3#Time change for more info)
- The first episode to feature the new teaser graphics, namely the title shot of the Golden Gate Bridge, as the logo in yellow, flies out to the left