|The Seven-Month Itch (Part 1)|
|Season 1, episode 19|
|Air date||March 11, 1988|
|Previous||Just One of the Guys|
|Next||The Seven-Month Itch (Part 2)|
Danny, Joey, and the girls prepare to take a plane to Disneyland, and Stephanie is really excited about going on the trip. However, a heavy fog forces them to cancel it. Stephanie becomes depressed and jealous that D.J. went to Disneyland before but she did not. Unfortunately, Jesse had hoped to take advantage of everyone else's absence to spend some quality time with his girlfriend Samantha. Instead, the family has a family fun night but Jesse dislikes it, and Stephanie dislikes it even more, so she goes upstairs to mope in her and D.J.'s room, where her older sister comes in and has to explain to her about the fact that you can't always get you want; namely she mentions the Oat Boats commercial that she wanted but Stephanie got instead that made D.J. herself jealous, subsequently accuse Stephanie of being a thief for "stealing" the part, and chase her younger sister around the kitchen for the cereal box, which Stephanie remembers all too well. That provides little comfort to Stephanie, so D.J. has to play the Tickle Monster to cheer her up, in addition to mentioning that she herself didn't mope after not getting the part (though the events suggest otherwise). Danny comes in and explains the same thing, going further by saying that if she keeps moping about missing out on one good thing she'll miss out on many more good things, and then the girls play the Tickle Monster on him.
Later that night, Jesse is talking to Joey about how he could live here. Jesse has a dream about his lack of privacy. When he wakes up, he decides to move out and find a place of his own. Danny and Joey soon find a note saying that Jesse will be leaving, not knowing where he will go or when or if he will come back. D.J. and Stephanie arrive and are just as shocked at this news, as "To Be Continued" appears (followed by the EP credits, with the scene freezing a second into Thomas L. Miller and Robert L. Boyett's credits).
Samantha was played by Chelsea Noble. It was during the production of this episode that Noble and Kirk Cameron (Cousin Steve, from the previous episode) met. They began to date, both on screen and off (she appears on 14 episodes of Growing Pains). Three years after this episode aired, they married (and she became Candace Cameron Bure's sister-in-law).
- The episode title is a take on the 1955 comedy film title The Seven Year Itch (which starred Marilyn Monroe, and was based on the 1952 Broadway play)
- The first two-part episode
- The first time "To be continued" is shown at the end of an episode
- The first episode where events of a previous episode are mentioned; namely, "Sisterly Love"
- The Olsen twins, who normally share the role of Michelle, appear together on camera for the first time
- When Joey asks what could be more fun for Stephanie than the family fun night, she mentions "I'll tell you what: Something that starts with a D and ends with a 'Land'"; at which point the audience laughs, and then moans a second later when she storms off upstairs, with D.J. following her